Intranet design and development
- Implemented AA accessibility standards across all content in the Bureau of Meterorology intranet.
- Created an events calendar component displaying content from Outlook groups with VB Script.
Training & adoption
Info sheets and training workshops
- Designed and authored a series of quick start guides on using the publishing features of Microsoft Office, to help staff publish their scientific documents.
- Planned and delivered numerous workshops for staff, demonstrating publishing features and giving advice on using Microsoft Office apps. Some of these workshops were recorded for viewing later by staff in remote locations.
- These quick start guides and video tutorials provided valuable assistance to staff in remote locations and unable to attend training workshops in person.
Scripted, recorded and edited a series of short videos providing guidance to Bureau of Meteorology staff on the publishing capabilities of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Research into the difficulties faced by users in performing common tasks with Microsoft applications.
- Each video presented a quick solution to a pain point, e.g. applying templates to a Word document, or correctly fixing broken styling and formatting.
- I produced numerous narrated user interface video recordings — utilising the excellent features of the Camtasia video editing suite — to rapidly produce material on a variety of subject areas.
- These videos proved highly successful as an alternative to generic help documentation, as they showed realistic everyday examples using Bureau branding and templates.
Bureau of Meteorology instructional videos are regretfully unavailable for preview.