Bureau of Meteorology, Commonwealth Government of Australia.
Intranet design and development
- Implemented AA accessibility standards across all content in the intranet.
- Created an events calendar component connected with Outlook in VB Script.
Info sheets and training workshops
- Designed and authored a series of one page guides on using the publishing features of Microsoft Office, to help staff publish their scientific documents.
- In many cases staff were in remote locations and unable to attend training workshops in person, so these guides provided valuable assistance.
- Planned and delivered numerous workshops for staff in person, demonstrating publishing features and giving advice on using Microsoft Office apps.
Wrote, recorded and edited a series of short videos providing guidance to Bureau of Meteorology staff on the publishing capabilities of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Research into the difficulties faced by users in performing common tasks as they publish their work.
- Each video presented a quick solution to a task that often caused difficulty to staff, e.g. applying templates to a Word document, or fixing broken styling and formatting.
- Used the excellent features of the Camtasia video editing suite to rapidly produce material on a variety of subject areas.
- These videos proved highly successful as an alternative to generic written documentation, as they showed realistic examples using Bureau branding and templates.
Bureau of Meteorology instructional videos are regretfully unavailable for preview.